How to deploy
1. First create a Github
repository and add the folder to it. Note: the folder must be the root of the repository
2. Create a Heroku account and click New -> Create new app
3. Name your app and select region and click Create App
4. Under "Deployment method" select Github
5. Connect your repository
6. Under "Manual deploy" click Deploy Now
7. Wait for deploy to finish. Grab a cuppa, it might take a while...
8. Once deploy is done, you can find your app location under Settings -> Domains
9. Tip: enable auto deploys so every push to the main branch will deploy the new version: Deploy -> Enable Automatic Deploys
10. Tip: Upgrade to hobby to avoid database sleep and long response times
2. Create a Digital Ocean account and click Create -> Apps
3. Choose your github repository (you will need to give permissions)
4. Verify branch and click Next
5. Click add Database and select a PostgresSql db
6. Name your app and select region and click Next
7. Select plan and container and click Launch Basic App
8. Wait for deploy to finish. Grab a cuppa, it might take a while...
9. Go to Components -> db -> Connection Details and select Connection String
10. Copy the connection string
11. Go to Settings -> App-Level Environment Variables and click "Edit"
12. Set key to DATABASE_URL and the value copied on step 10 then Save
13. Wait for deploy to finish...
14. Go to Console and type "rake db:migrate"
15. Your app location should be at the top